Beef taquitos are delicious and fun to make. I use beef with this recipe, however, you could swap the beef out for shredded chicken if desired. I like to use my fresh salsa recipe for the prepared salsa.
1 pound ground hamburger
1 small onion
4 garlic cloves
1/2 poblano pepper
2-3 tsp garlic salt
1 tbsp black pepper
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 tbsp white vinegar
2 tbsp olive oil
1 package corn tortillas
1) Brown the hamburger in a large sauté pan.
2) While the hamburger is browning, add the tomatoes, onion, garlic cloves, poblano pepper, garlic salt and black pepper to your blender and puree.
3) Pour the freshly pureed tomato mixture into the hamburger and bring to a boil reducing the mixture to a thick tomato sauce with the cooked hamburger. This will be the filling for the taquitos.
4) Place about 2 tbsp of the hamburger mixture on a corn tortilla and roll it up like a cigar.
5) Pan fry the taquitos, seam side down to secure the steam of the taquito in place. Once the taquito is secured, continue frying them until they are golden brown all the way around.
6) Remove from the the hot oil and place a paper towel lined sheet.
7) Place the shredded cabbage in a bowl and pour the white vinegar and 2 tbsp of olive oil over the it. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, toss to coat everything, set aside.
8) Serve the taquitos with the shredded cabbage, sour cream, avocado slices and queso fresco…enjoy!
» Recipes » Cooking with Chef Bryan – Homemade Beef Taquitos